BUNYANGABU DISRICT SERVICE COMMISSION EXTERNAL ADVERT NO. 01/2023 JOB VACANCIES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant Positions existing in Bunyangabu District Local Government. Applications should be submitted in triplicates on the Public Service Form. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary, District Service Commission, P.O. Box 148 Fort Portal to be received no later than 27th March 2023 at 5:00 PM.
Application forms can be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices located on the 2nd floor of Farmers House-Kampala, District Service Commissions, or can be downloaded from the PSC website www.psc.go.ug.
Applicants MUST attach on each form certified copies of Academic certificates and transcripts by the awarding Institutions, Registration Certificates, and Annual Practicing License where applicable, a recent passport-size photograph, National Identity Card and should bear the title and reference number of the post applied for.
Serving officers MUST route their applications through their Responsible Officers who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Details of this advert can be obtained from Bunyangabu District Service Commission Office and District Notice boards, https://Bunyangabu.go.ug and email@example.com. The respective Job descriptions and specifications for jobs in Local Government (2017 & 2011) and Schemes of service issued from time to time may be viewed on the Ministry of Public Service Website at www.publicservice.go.ug.
Job Title: Parish Chief
Scale: U5 L
Reports to: Senior Assistant CAO (In charge of Sub-county)
No. of Posts: 03
Ref No: BUNYA/DSC/01/2023
To carry out the overall administration and management of a Parish in the Local Government.
Duties of the job
• Mobilizing communities for development projects and programmes
• Preparing work plans and budgets for the operations of the Parish
• Preparing and compiling reports on parish operations for the attention of the Sub-County Chief
• Collecting and accounting for Local revenue in the Parish
• Enforcing the implementation of National and Local Government policies, programmes, and Council bye-laws in the Parish
• Providing technical support to the Parish Council on any matters relating to lower Local Government governance
• Undertaking duties of the Secretariat to the Parish Council
• Managing and monitoring Local Government projects implemented in the Parish
• Coordinating the maintenance of law and order in a parish
• Registering births and deaths
• Mobilizing and sensitizing communities to ensure food security
• Preparing accountabilities for community projects
Should have a Diploma in Social work and Social Administration or Public Administration or Law or Social Development or Management from a recognized awarding Institution
Job Title: Education Assistant II
Reports To: Senior Education Assistant
No. of Posts: 12
Ref No: BUNYA/DSC/02/2023
To teach, examine and assess learners’ progress on an ongoing basis in order to ensure functional literacy, numeracy, and basic communication skills.
Duties of the job
• To prepare the schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the approved curriculum on a termly and weekly basis.
• Conduct lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable.
• To participate in setting, administering, and marking internal and external examinations.
• To carry out continuous assessment and evaluation of pupils' performance.
• To prepare and select appropriate learning aids/materials for classroom teaching.
• To keep and maintain class records /inventory (Registers, records of work, progress reports, and equipment)
• To guide and counsel pupils.
• To participate in class meetings.
• To serve as a classroom teacher.
• To participate in co -curricula activities and community activities.
• To conduct any other duties assigned that are related to the profession
• Minimum of Grade III teaching Certificate or the equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• Registered with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
Job Title: Assistant Engineering Officer (Civil)
Salary Scale: U5SC
Reports to: Town Engineer
Responsible for: Engineering Assistant
No of Positions: 01
Ref No: BUNYA/DSC /03/2023
To support and handle civil engineering works in the Urban Council.
Duties of the Job
• Preparing construction plans for civil works
• Providing technical support to the Local Communities provided
• Collecting and compiling data on construction and other civil works
• Developing collaborative mechanisms with stakeholders
• Should hold a Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
• A Trade Test Grade I from a recognized Institution.
Job Title: Health Assistant
Salary Scale: U7Med
Reports to: Health Inspector
No. of Posts: 01
To prevent and control the spread of diseases in the community
Duties of the Job
• Participating in community-based environmental health activities.
• Enforcing the Environmental Health Act, Regulations, and By-laws.
• Accounting for allocated resources.
• Liaising with local authorities in organizing home improvement competitions.
• Participating in research activities.
• Compiling and submitting reports
• Must have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science from a recognized Institution.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
• Must have a valid practicing License.
Job Title: District Commercial Officer
Salary Scale: U1E
Reports to: Chief Administrative officer
Responsible for: Principal Commercial Officer
No. of Posts: 01
Ref.No.: BUNYA/DSC /05/2023
To provide leadership, technical support, and guidance for the delivery of quality Commercial services in Local Governments
Duties of the Job
• Implementing and monitoring policies, programs, and laws in the Commercial sub-sector.
• Supervising and managing the Commercial sub-sector activities, programs, and staff.
• Evaluating and preparing status reports on Commercial sub-sector activities.
• Managing and accounting for all the resources availed for the sub-sector.
• Initiating developmental projects in Tourism, Trade, Industry, and Cooperatives sub-sectors.
• Developing training programs for both the stakeholders and staff in Tourism, Trade, Industry, and Cooperatives.
• Compiling and, processing commercial sub-sector information, data, and statistics for stakeholders.
• Sensitizing the communities on the Commercial sub-sector services.
• Providing stakeholders with technical advice on Tourism, Trade, industry, and Cooperatives issues.
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Cooperatives, Business Administration/ Business Studies, Entrepreneurship or Finance, and Accounting from a recognized university/institution.
• Postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields is a must;
• A Postgraduate qualification in Management or Public Administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Institution is an added advantage.
Nine (9) years of working experience three (3) of which should be at the Principal Commercial officer level or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
1. All the services offered by Bunyangabu District Service Commission are free of charge and equal opportunity is accorded to all qualified applicants. The Commission is fully committed to a Zero tolerance policy for corruption/bribery and other forms of malpractice in discharging its mandate.
2. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION.